3.23.2005

Introducing Your New Editor...

Dave is out of town for a week, so I have been relegated to Meet The Breeders duties. My posts are less wordy and not as beautifully written, but more frequent. This reflects a personality difference that should be clearly evident to anyone who knows the two of us. I like to get things done RIGHTAWAY, whereas Dave…mmm…not so rushed. Unless, of course, it involves spending lots of money. He’s disturbingly comfortable with impulse purchasing. So I am left with no one to rub my feet or listen to me complain.

According to my baby readin’, today the baby’s bones are beginning to harden and tomorrow, if it’s a boy (we both think so), the male prostate gland will have finished developing and the baby now measures 5 ½ inches long. If it’s that small, why do I weigh ten more pounds than when I started?

I’ve been doing some research on baby items on Consumer Reports…car seats, high chairs…they even rate the diapers, for chrissakes. Any recs are appreciated. Kristin (Dave’s sister) is giving us tons of info on baby communication, which she is an expert in, and doctor recommendations.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna,
I'm so excited for you both!
I've been meaning to call and tell you I rcv'd the card and congrats but have been running around like crazy lately. Sounds like you have too. I'm so happy for you guys being married. Dave seems like a really awesome guy and funny as hell. I keep reading the post about he and his buddies talking about diapers over bbq and laughing my ass off.

Here's my sisters advice, since I only have my dogs. She said in re: to breast feeding the most important thing to know is that whatever you eat isbasically what your baby is eating. There are all diff. veins of discussion this can take but her primary concern was gas. Her story was that she went out for Mexican food while still breast feeding and the frijoles gave her and her bambino the gas "real bad". To solve she was at the drug store at 3am buying mylicon. She says that if you are going to eat something especially gassy such as beans or cruciferous veggies to use beano which will also pass to the little dear and prevent it all from happening in the first place. She also said when you breast feed you will crave protein and dairy.
Sorry for such a long message. I'll call ya soon.
lol,
Lindy :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Silver Zephyr said...

...well, it's good to know that whether it's a girl or a boy...either gender will be well-equipped to torture iraqi (or whatever country we're invading at that time) prisoners!!!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home