8.30.2005

Daddy's Lil' Helper


Daddy's Lil' Helper
Originally uploaded by silverzephyr.
Grandpa, Anna and I have been splitting shifts with Frankie for the past week. Grandpa comes by in the morning, Anna takes the early evening, and I cover the swing shift. Frankie is an angel for his Grandpa, and until last night, his mom has been blessed with mostly good behavior. Seems the boy has reserved his loudest, fiercest tantrums for the wee hours. I had to teach this evening, so Anna switched shifts with me last night so I could get some sleep. When I got up this morning, she was bleary-eyed and frazzled. Tonight, I discovered the magic of the Fisher Price Nature's Touch Cradle Swing. It's probably a little too early to be saying this, but at this point, it seems like a frickin' godsend. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David's swing was the wind up kind and it went for 15 minutes at a time. For the first 3 months of his life, Frank and I got to sleep in 30-minute shifts. I'd wind and go to sleep, Frank would get up and wind the next 15 minutes and then it was my turn again! Thank your lucky stars for battery-operated or electric swings. Thanks for all the pictures. Keeps a Grandma going.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Silver Zephyr said...

I finally put Frankie in the swing and it's the only time he's been quiet in three hours. Thank you, swing. I love you. -Anna

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home