7.15.2005

great news

This will be brief, because I'm feeding Anna a couple of Darvocet and then leaving the room for a couple of hours so she can sleep undisturbed. Frankie's operation went off without a hitch. The doctor started at 2:30 and said he'd be lucky to finish by 6. He walked into the waiting room at 6:05 with a big ol' shit eating grin, and told us that everything went even better than expected. The fistula was closed without a problem, and the esophageal atresia was easily repaired. Frankie's lungs are as healthy as a full-term baby's, and if he wasn't a preemie, they wouldn't even have left his breathing tube in (as it is, it might be out by tomorrow). I'll post a lengthier post tomorrow, but I just wanted to let everyone know that one major hurdle is down, and although he's not out of the woods quite yet, Frankie took a quantum leap forward health-wise today. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated, moreso than we'll ever be able to adequately express. Keep 'em coming.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Frankie, Anna, & Dave! We love you! You are all so strong!!

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, a happy belated birthday from New York City for Frankie B!

A hearty Mazel Tov goes out to Mom & Dad, the grandparents, aunt & uncle, and the Giuliani and Breshears families all around.

I'm so happy for you guys - it's beyond words how beautiful those pictures are ...

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who the hell is morris?

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to give a quick congrats to the new mom and dad; and of course Mr. Frankie!! What a way to come into this world. Well, little Frankie has certainly proven to be a fighter...very determined! As I do not know much about Anna's family, I must say he certainly has inherited some major Breashears' genes!!

For Kristin: When I spoke with you briefly last night I had not even read the post discussing Frankie's surgery. So I do apologize for not inquiring. I am so happy that all went well, and I see now why you were in such an ecstatic mood! Scott is due back from Colorado on Sunday, I'm sure he'll give you a buzz soon. Give the new grandparents hugs and kisses from the Rollins clan out here in Georgia!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Dada said...

morris? anna and i are baffled by this comment.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home